There is still time to enjoy the New Year in your new home!
As we are entering November, many people think it is too late to look for a house and be in before the holidays. I am here to tell you that is not totally true. We may be running tight on you getting in for Thanksgiving, but you should certainly be in by mid-December.
Here are ten steps you can take to assure this?
1. Contact a real estate agent to help you navigate the process
2. Talk to a mortgage officer. They will help you get your finances in order and tell you how much you qualify for and what a down payment may be. They will prequalify you for a loan. Your real estate agent can provide you with names to interview for the job.
3. Create a wish list of what you want and what you need in a home.
4. The fun part - Go shopping!!
5. Make an offer and negotiate the price.
6. Get your mortgage.
7. Schedule a home inspection.
8. Negotiate repairs and credits.
9. Get appraisal scheduled.
10. Close on your home!
These processes can take from 30-60 days depending on all the factors above. The task can be daunting, but a real estate agent can help you in the process. If you start now, you will be sitting in your new home by the New Year!!
What are you waiting for??